Friday, January 10, 2014

37 Week Update

If you haven't noticed, I've been posting my updates towards the end of the week. Technically I am 37 weeks 5 days right now. I've been trying to wait to post until after my weekly appointment, which falls in the middle of the week. 

Way back when I first found out I was pregnant, and for my first few doctor's appointments, my due date was January 24th. I know this to be the actual due date, because I know the day it happened. Based on that, today I would technically be 38 weeks pregnant. All of my appointments were made based on this due date, so they all fall at the end of the week. However, Dr. Allison decided after my ultrasound at 9 weeks that it was more likely that my due date is January 27th, which is what we've calculated everything by since then. 

I still maintain January 24th is when it actually is.

The doctor's appointment went really well. I've gained weight again this week, which made Dr. Allison very happy. I was worried because I've officially gained more than you're supposed to, however Dr. Allison assured me that since Emery appears to be so large, and since I have been holding so much water weight, I'm doing fine.

My strep b cultures were negative! Yay! And the blood in my urine from two appointments ago appear to have been nothing to worry about.

I'm still sitting at 2.5 cm dilated, however my cervix has softened quite a bit, and while Dr. Allison was all up in my business she touched Emery's head. Emmy jumped big time, and Dr. Allison seemed very surprised and said, "Her head is just right there. She wants out!" She also ripped open a blood vein, which has been fun. Emery's heartbeat sounded good, and Dr. Allison said, "She even sounds precious!"

I'm still measuring right where I should, which is good. Once she was finished examining everything, she launched right into what to do when labor starts. If it starts during business hours, I am to call as soon as I know that it is labor and go in to be examined. She said she would most likely send me home to labor where I'm comfortable, but that she would want to examine me first. However, if it's outside of office hours, I'm to call the emergency number after the contractions have been 5 minutes apart for two hours, and then go straight to the hospital. She said it would be different if I wanted an epidural, but since I would like to try without one, that's what she wants me to do.

She ended the appointment with, "I bet you go a week early, at least. I'd like to see you at least one more time before she comes, but I don't know that we'll get that." Eek! I'm so excited. And I feel slightly smug, because a week early would make my due date calculations more correct than they thought.

This week I have developed carpal tunnel, which is loads of fun. I've also reached a point where it takes me twice as long as normal to do everything.

I made curtains for the nursery. We bought a twin sheet, which I'm turning into a crib skirt. I got her some more onesies and sleepers and socks, and an organizer for her leggings and pants. I cleaned and organized Jacob and I's bedroom, and childproofed it a bit. My goal for tomorrow is to finish the nursery, clean the kitchen, and childproof the living room. We'll see how much of that actually gets done. I get worn out so quickly.

On non-baby related things, it snowed and iced again on Sunday and Wednesday, which meant that Alpena cancelled school Monday-Thursday, which meant that Jacob was home with me! His birthday was on Wednesday, so we went out with friends. It has been so nice having him home.

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain: I weighed in at 220.
Maternity clothes? They're all too tight, so I'm in leggings almost all the time. I haven't worn real pants in weeks,

Have you started to show yet: You tell me! This dress is not the best at showcasing the bump, but it gets the point across.



Stretch marks? My old ones have started to darken and lengthen, and look generally horrifying. Like, seriously. Pardon the weird angle and the fact that the belly band of my maternity jeans is digging into my fat, but here's a picture of them:


I've started to develop a couple smaller ones near my belly button, as well as some new ones on my boobs. Which have grown a cup size in the last two weeks, and started to leak like a faucet.


Sleep: I want to all the time, just like the beginning.
Best moment this week: Doctor's appointment, having Jacob home all week.

Miss Anything? Thanks to Jacob's 21st birthday, I miss wine.
Movement: Her movements are so strong, but there's less of them the bigger she gets.
Food cravings: None



Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: I lost my mucus plug, I've been nesting, she's in the right position!
Symptoms: Backaches, heartburn, swollen hands and feet, Braxton Hicks, not sleeping, nesting, cramps, carpal tunnel
Belly Button in or out? It's very close to popping out
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I have it on a necklace

Happy or Moody most of the time: Back and forth. I've been pretty happy.
Looking forward to: Meeting Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment