Wednesday, January 22, 2014

38 Week Update (Last One!)

So this post is very late, and will be followed by the birth story! Taking care if a newborn is hard work. 

Needless to say, I didn't make it to the next appointment like dr Allison wanted. In fact, I barely made it to 38 weeks. I had Emery on January 13, 2014 at 1:51 pm, at 38 weeks exactly. I'll be posting the birth story later. 
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: I weighed in at 223.
Maternity clothes? I hardly had any that still fit, which is funny considering that I was by no means huge.
Have you started to show yet: You tell me! This was taken as we left for the hospital. The final bump:




Stretch marks? At 38 weeks, they were still like this:


Sleep: i was incredibly tired at the end.
Best moment this week: having Emery!
Miss Anything? Caffeine 
Movement: Her movements are so strong, but there's less of them the bigger she gets.
Food cravings: None


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: When I officially hit 38 weeks, at midnight, I was in labor. I was having contractions every 6 minutes, having the bloody show, etc.
Symptoms: Backaches, 
swollen hands and feet, Braxton Hicks, not sleeping, nesting, cramps, carpal tunnel
Belly Button in or out? It's very close to popping out
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I have it on a necklace
Happy or Moody most of the time: Back and forth. I've been pretty happy.
Looking forward to: getting to know Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment