Friday, August 23, 2013

Fudgiest Brownie in a Cup EVER!

As any good pregnant lady should, I have cravings, usually for things I can only have every so often. The last few months I have been craving brownies/brownie batter. Usually, I have prepackaged brownie mix on hand for instances such as these, when the craving is killing me, but I was out.  I began making brownie batter without checking the cupboard, only to discover there was no cocoa powder. 

We had NO cocoa powder in the house. AT ALL. 

And as any good pregnant lady is, I was too tired to run to the store and get some.

My only option was to use my baking experience to throw together a mug brownie, due to my very limited supply of chocolate. The results were the fudgiest, thickest, most delicious brownie in a mug I had ever had.

You'll have to forgive me for the quality of the photos. Once the sun goes down the lighting in my house goes right to poop, which makes my limited knowledge of photography even more limited.

A word of warning: this recipe does require the ability to eyeball it on a few things. If you don't have that, I would recommend a different recipe.


What you'll need:
  1. 1 tbs butter
  2. a handful of chocolate chips
  3. a dash of salt
  4. 4 tbs granulated sugar
  5. 4 tbs flour
  6. 1-ish tbs water


1. Throw your butter and chocolate chips into a mug. Microwave roughly 30 seconds, until butter is melted. You should end up with something like the picture below.
 
2. Stir the chocolate and butter mixture until smooth. 

3. Add your dash of salt to the mixture. The above picture shows about how much I add to my mix. Stir that into the chocolate/butter mixture.

4. Add the sugar to the mug, and stir well. The batter should be the consistency of a cake batter at this point.

5. Add the flour to the mug, and stir well. At this point you'll be able to tell if you need to add the water or not. This depends on the amount of chocolate chips you melted. The more you have, the less water you will need. Below is a picture of what the finished consistency should be (plus some extra chocolate chips, because c'mon). 


6. If your batter wasn't quite that moist (ugh, I hate that word) then slowly add up to 1 tbs of water, stirring as you add it. At this point you can either enjoy the egg free brownie batter you made, or...

7. Microwave 60-90 seconds, until done. The center should still be moist. At this point you can garnish with hot fudge, or sprinkles, or ice cream. Gosh, I'm hungry.

I ate this batch as batter, so I'm afraid I have no finished picture for you. It should look like a brownie. I'm assuming you all know what those look like.

Go forth, try, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment