Friday, December 6, 2013

31 & 32 Week Updates

This has been the passing of another two uneventful weeks in the life of Amanda Leach. I'm afraid my days consist of work, more work, and sleep. 

Jacob's parents were here from Haiti, which is one of many reasons why I didn't post at 31 weeks.

We went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving last week (which is why I didn't have a post at 31 weeks). It was wonderful to see my family, as it always is. I ate far more than I should, which is part of why I've been avoiding the scale lately. I also had a mishap while trimming my hair that involved a playful cat, and now I have bangs again. I have a love/hate relationship with bangs, so this had been particularly upsetting, however I had no choice.

The last two days I have been trapped in my house by snow and ice. Lots of it. I know we had a half inch of ice before it started snowing, and it appears as though we've gotten 8-10 inches of snow on top of that. The HOA has done NOTHING about the roads, which has pissed me off royally. I pay them $48 a month. That covers yard mowing during the summer (which they did only once a month) and road maintenance in the winter, as well as maintenance on the well (we still pay a water bill, though, so this makes no sense to me). 

This summer, as my grass would reach six to eight inches tall, I would say to myself, "It's not that big a deal. They at least keep the roads clear when it snows, which is more important." Yeah. We knew about this storm for a week in advance. MoDot put salt in the roads they maintain in preparation. The HOA did nothing. It sleeted and snowed all day Thursday. They did nothing. It snowed all day today. They still did nothing. I had three cars almost spin out into my yard today, and still the road stays covered by a half inch of ice and eight-ten inches of snow. Bah. Lord only knows how I'll get to work tomorrow.

On top of the already depressing weather yesterday, Southwest Airlines announced they'll be pulling out of the airport, which is a death knell for my place of employment. It means I can see with 100% certainty when my husband and I will no longer have a job. This is soul crushing in and of itself, but the worst part is that I found out from a local news station. No one at work saw fit to call me after the all hands meeting they held immediately after Southwest's announcement to warn me, "Hey, KY3 is about to run a story about Southwest pulling out of the airport, and all of your family will be calling you flipping out over this. Head's up!"

Perhaps the hormones are causing me to over-react to everything, but I'm ready for this week to be over.

How far along? 31-32 weeks
Total weight gain: I have no idea.
Maternity clothes? I wear them!

Have you started to show yet: You tell me!

31 Weeks, post Thanksgiving meal #2

32 Weeks

Stretch marks? My old ones have started to darken and lengthen, and look generally horrifying
Sleep: Still not able to sleep through the night. Between how bad my back hurts, Emery's hiccups, and charlie horses sleep is precious and rare.
Best moment this week: Seeing my family at Thanksgiving

Miss Anything? My grandpa, sleeping, wine
Movement: She's moving less, due to the fact that she's huge, but we had the first painful movement this week.
Food cravings: None

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: Backaches, headaches, heartburn, swollen hands and feet, Braxton Hicks, not sleeping,back pain
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in. I don't think it will come out, but it is much shallower
Wedding rings on or off? On, for now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: So, so moody.
Looking forward to: A break from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment