Monday, October 14, 2013

25 Week Update

This week has been long and tiring. I feel like that seems to be the way my weeks always are, but whatever.

My Papaw had surgery on Tuesday for his spine. His back has been broken several times, and the last time it did not heal. He has been in tremendous pain since this spring when he broke it last, and had been told that if he did not have this surgery, and it was not successful, he would be wheelchair bound within a year. The good news is that the surgery appears to have been successful! I saw him on Friday, and despite being incredibly confused from the muscle relaxers and pain pills, he seemed very good.

I saw my Grandma on Friday, as well. She was not having a good day, but I think it helped to see me. I think that getting back into a regular schedule is very hard for her, especially considering how much Grandpa did for her. Polio left her  in a wheelchair, and Grandpa has been taking care of her almost since she was first in the wheelchair. 

I'm still numb about it. It still doesn't seem real to me.


How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain: I have not weighed myself, but I will be weighed at my doctor's appointment on Thursday.
Maternity clothes? Still have the same amount. In the picture below I am wearing one of Jacob's shirts, because I can.

Have you started to show yet: You tell me!





Stretch marks? None that I didn't have already.
Sleep: I have been exhausted this week from being sick, but I haven't been sleeping very deeply.
Best moment this week: 
I was checking in the sweetest couple from India. They were in their early 40s, and you could tell they were nervous about being in the airport. As I was almost finished checking them in, the husband said, “You’re expecting, too!” His wife’s face lit up as she noticed, and I said I was. They congratulated me over and over, and then he said, “We’re due January 27th.” I probably offended them, because I leaned in and asked what he said. When I said I had the same due date, the wife leaned over and hugged me. We talked for a few minutes, where I learned they’d been trying for years to have a baby and this was their first pregnancy. They’re having a boy. As they were boarding, the wife ran behind my gate and hugged me, and said, “I hope God blesses you with many children. We will keep you in a our prayers.”
Miss Anything? My grandpa.
Movement: She is constantly moving.
Food cravings: Waffles

Anything making you queasy or sick: Prenatals, still
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: Backaches, headaches, heartburn, swollen hands and feet
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in. I don't think it will come out, but it is much shallower
Wedding rings on or off? It's on a chain around my neck, because I have swollen again

Happy or Moody most of the time: So, so moody.
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment