Monday, October 21, 2013

26 Week Update

I had another ordinary and uneventful week. Literally nothing outstanding enough to report happened, other than the fact that I bought a mattress for Emery, and got a new phone. Both of these are huge deals to us, as they were both yet another provision by God for things we needed but couldn't afford without his help.

I also planned out my maternity leave this week, and turned it in to the airport's secretary to have her look over and let me know if it would work or not. I am very, very nervous about it. The tentative plan is for me to use all of the holiday and sick hours I have left (which will all disappear on 12/31) as well as my vacation days from December 22-January 4th, and then take the voluntary furlough, which should last through the end of March. I would then use all of 2014's holiday and sick days, as well as the 40 hours of vacation I would have received on 1/1, and return to work mid-April. The only issue I would run into is if they count giving me furlough (which they'll be giving 30% of their staff) as my maternity leave. They only offer 12 weeks of maternity leave, and furlough will be every bit of that 12 weeks. If that's the case, then my whole plan goes out the window. we shall see.

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain: I still haven't weighed myself. I find that the less often I do that, the easier this whole getting huge thing is on my self-esteem.
Maternity clothes? Still have the same amount, although I'm going to need to invest in new bras soon, and warmer clothing. The high today was 54, and I was freezing.

Have you started to show yet: You tell me!






Stretch marks? None that I didn't have already.
Sleep: Sleep just keeps getting more and more restless, and I just keep getting more and more tired.
Best moment this week: I was at my doctor's appointment, and it was the first time in my life I had gone to the doctor alone. Jacob had a mid-term to study for. My blood pressure was high because I was freaking out, I thought she was going to send me for my glucose test-- it was not good. The nurse left to go get Dr. Allison, and who should be standing outside the door but Jacob. He came in and sat down, and when I said, "I'm so glad you're here, I thought you couldn't come!", he said, "I decided that this was more important than cramming for the mid term."

Miss Anything? My grandpa.
Movement: She is constantly moving.
Food cravings: Chips and dip

Anything making you queasy or sick: Sinus drainage!
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: Backaches, headaches, heartburn, swollen hands and feet, Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in. I don't think it will come out, but it is much shallower
Wedding rings on or off? It's on a chain around my neck, because I keep forgetting to put it back on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: So, so moody.
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery, eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment