Thursday, October 10, 2013

My List of Baby Items

I have been well and truly nesting today. My anxiety disorder likes to manifest itself through extensive cleaning when I'm anxious, and I have been borderline panic attack-y all day today. This is my first day completely alone since Grandpa passed and my Papaw had his surgery, so I have been doing everything I can to stay somewhat distracted. I reach a point when in this anxious cleaning mode that I know I have to stop, because the act of cleaning is feeding the anxiety. I started cleaning at 7:30 this morning. It is now 12:36, and I have reached that point.

My current distraction is making a list of all of the items I need for Emery, so that I can go register this afternoon. I've started an online registry on WalMart.com, and I'm hoping that I can combine it with an in-store registry, as a great deal of the necessary items are only in-store, and therefore can't be added online.

I'd like all the feedback I can get! If you see something superfluous, tell me. If you think I'm missing something, tell me! All items with with an asterisk are items I own already, or that family will be letting us borrow. God has truly blessed us, as I have not personally purchased a single thing, yet we have been given so much that we will need.

Furniture
  • Crib *
  • Mattress*
  • Bassinet*
  • Rocking chair*
  • Dresser/changing table
  • Changing pad for the top of the dresser
  • Hamper
  • High chair
Gear
  • Stroller*
  • Shopping cart cover*
  • Baby monitor
  • Baby sling
  • Infant tub
  • Swing
  • Baby hangers
  • Car seat
  • Night light
  • Safety gates
  • Cabinet and door latches
  • Outlet covers
Nursing
  • Boppy*
  • 12 burp rags *
  • 4-6 bottles
  • Nipples
  • Bottle brush
  • Dishwasher caddy
  • Breast pump
  • Nipple cream
  • 3 nursing bras
  • Breast pads
  • 5 pacifiers
  • Sippy cups
  • Baby spoons
  • Baby bowls
Linens/Bed Sheets
  • 2 hooded bath towels*
  • 2 receiving blankets*
  • 2 crib comforters/blankets*
  • 4 crib sheets
  • 2 crib pads
  • 2 waterproof mattress pads
  • 2 bassinet sheets
  • 2 changing pad covers
  • 2 swaddle sets
  • 6 wash cloths
Clothing
  • 3-6 Footed sleepers
  • 4-6 short sleeve onesies
  • 3 long sleeve onesies
  • 2-4 bibs
  • Bunting
  • 2 - 4 hats
  • 1 jacket
  • Mittens
  • 12 pairs of socks/booties
  • 3-5 pairs of pants
  • 3-5 little t shirts
  • 3 sweaters
  • 2-4 dressy outfits
Health
  • Baby powder
  • Blunt nail scissors
  • Brush
  • Cotton swabs
  • Diaper doo
  • 30 cloth diapers (to do a load every other day)*
  • 18 cloth wipes
  • 3-4 boxes newborn diapers (disposable)
  • Baby soap
  • Baby shampoo
  • Nasal aspirator
  • Teethers
  • Thermometer
  • Sun shade for the car
Play
  • Baby bouncer
  • Mobile
  • Soft toys
  • Soft books
For Me (Kind of)
  • Diaper bag
  • Breast cover for nursing in public
  • Maxi pads
  • Underwear I can throw out
  • Nursing tops

No comments:

Post a Comment