Monday, September 2, 2013

19 Week Update

This week has gone by very quickly, and overall has been good. 

One of the ladies I work with (who claims that she has never been wrong about a gender prediction) asked to feel my bump on Wednesday. She rubbed and smiled for a few moments, and I couldn't help but think she looked like a gypsy looking into her crystal ball the whole time, then happily announced, "There's at least one boy in there!" I'm sure I looked like she just told me about the current events in Syria, but that's just too many people making twin hints that haven't been proven wrong.

We had our 18.5 week doctor's appointment on Thursday, and despite how much we hoped she would do the ultrasound, she didn't. While she was using the doppler to hear the heartbeat, Little Booger reared back and kicked the doppler. Dr Allison and I both got a kick out of it, pun intended. L.B kicked it a few times, and at the end she said, "The old wives would say it's a boy, and a playful one, at that!" 

She gave us the choice of going ahead and doing the ultrasound, or waiting until our next appointment so the scan would be easier, and so she could be sure to see the gender, even if Little Booger was being shy. Jacob was immensely disappointed, but I think it's for the best! 

The only thing about it that has made me EXTREMELY nervous, was one of the last things she said to us. She was listing the reasons it better to wait, and she ended with, "Plus, it'll give you more time to prepare for the thought of two babies before we confirm there's only one." I'm seriously hoping that everyone knows how terrified I am of having twins, and that's why literally everyone keeps saying it'll be twins, but it is absolutely freaking me out.

My coworkers have not helped one bit. In specific I have a coworker who has four daughters, who when she listened to the heartbeat smiled and said, "I hear two." The lady I work with who has never been wrong about a gender prediction told another of my coworkers last week after making her prediction that she thought she felt two babes, but that she didn't want to say anything to me in case I didn't know yet. And then I had a passenger -- a woman who didn't know me from Eve-- come up to me and say, "I'm a psychic, and  just thought you should know that your little boy and girl are doing great in there, and will go far with their lives."




How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain: I'm up to 186 this week. It blows my mind to think that I gained four pounds that quickly, but I suppose that's just my body getting used to not throwing up every day and actually having an appetite.
Maternity clothes? I still haven't purchased any more, however I should be very soon. I definitely need to buy some more. Wearing the same few outfits over and over gets very old.

Have you started to show yet: I did it! I popped! The bump is unmistakably a baby now, and not just extra flab that I don't need.
Stretch marks? None that I didn't have already.
Sleep: I'm still having a hard time getting comfortable, and I've been having really weird dreams, so sleep is still fitful.
Best moment this week: We had our doctor's appointment this week, and while Dr. Allison was using the sonar to find the heartbeat, Little Booger kicked the doppler. It made me very happy.

Miss Anything? I'm still missing not looking so fat, or at least looking more pregnant. I miss thinking I look ok.
Movement: So very much. Any time anything puts pressure on my tummy, Little Booger kicks it.
Food cravings: Pretzel M&Ms

Anything making you queasy or sick: My new prenatal vitamins make me quite nauseous.
Gender: Unfortunately, we still don't know, and won't know until week 22.

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: HEADACHES, general discomfort, vivid dreams
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but some days I feel like it should be off. The swelling is hit or miss.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Weepy is the best word for it.
Looking forward to: The gender reveal, and reassurance it isn't twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment