Monday, September 30, 2013

23 Week Update

When you work at an airport, a few things are guaranteed. One) your schedule will change every time flight times change, and hours are not guaranteed, because delays happen. Two) someone will yell at you. Three) you will work every holiday,and someone will yell at you about the fact they have to travel on a holiday, while you're at work on a holiday so that they can travel on a holiday.

This week the flight schedule changed, and my hours are weird and not fun. Nothing brings more joy than running two gates for two different airlines at the same time by yourself. I work 40 hours a week still, but I have two six hour days, which means the other three are great fun. 

I have never ached so badly or been as tired as I have been this week. It seems like every year, right when fall begins, the stressful things start rolling in. Last year my dad had surgery, I totaled my car, switched jobs, had a miscarriage, and on and on. This year it's started with my Papaw having a surgery to keep him from being wheelchair bound, exhaustion from being pregnant and working a very stressful and demanding job, dealing with never seeing my husband, and the upcoming anniversary of the miscarriage.

This week also marked three years since Jacob and I officially started dating, and I realized that this is the second year in a row I was pregnant on our anniversary. 

My parents came down for an evening and installed a cat door after a particularly unfun fight with Jacob, and I started making a baby blanket for Emery.

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: I still haven't seen my weight. I'm scared to.
Maternity clothes? I am in mostly maternity clothes, with a few pre-pregnancy pieces thrown in. I broke out the old oversized sweaters this week, and have found that - surprise! - they're not as oversized as they once were.

Have you started to show yet: You tell me!


This week I realized that I can no longer see my feet if I stand up straight and look down. Here's a picture from my vantage point!




Stretch marks? None that I didn't have already.
Sleep: Still having weird dreams, and trouble falling asleep.
Best moment this week: Seeing my parents.

Miss Anything? Bending over. And James has Texan beer in the fridge, and it looks wonderful.
Movement: She is constantly moving.
Food cravings: Sierra Mist with Cranberry

Anything making you queasy or sick: Prenatals, still
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: HEARTBURN, general discomfort, vivid dreams, backaches, Braxton Hicks, movement, breakouts, swollen feet, etc.
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in. I don't think it will come out
Wedding rings on or off? It's back on. When the temperature fell, my swelling stopped.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody, for sure.
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment