Monday, September 23, 2013

22 Week Update & Gender Reveal



Little Booger is a girl! Jacob was incredibly surprised, and I could not be happier! I wanted a little girl so badly, and all I heard from Jacob and his family were, "Leaches don't have girls! Leaches don't have girls!" His grandma even had my Mama mentally preparing herself for a boy, and Mama had been saying from the start it had to be a girl, because Stewards always have girls first.

She's definitely a girl, though.


That, my friends, is a baby with girl bits. Jacob and I will be naming this little one Emery Gail. From the ultrasound it looks like she's got my horribly awful chin, and the Leach nose. Dr. Allison said that the reason I was measuring so large, and the reason it sometimes sounded like two heartbeats, was due to her size. Apparently Emery is going to be more like a Snyder baby than a Leach baby. Leach babies usually run right around 6 pounds, whereas Snyder babies average out at 9 or so. Dr. Allison said she's thinking Emery will be at least 9 pounds. Yay.


How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain: I still haven't seen my weight. I prefer it that way, as I think it would be way too easy to trigger my weight related anxieties right now.
Maternity clothes? I am in mostly maternity clothes, with a few pre-pregnancy pieces thrown in. It's starting to cool off here, (finally!) and I'm finding that my clothes are not geared for fall/winter, so I'll have to add to my collection shortly.

Have you started to show yet: You tell me!




Stretch marks? None that I didn't have already.
Sleep: Lots and lots of discomfort and weird dreams
Best moment this week: The ultrasound!

Miss Anything? I'm still missing being headache free. I also miss being able to get up and bend over without a hassle.
Movement: Sooooo much. She never stops!
Food cravings: Gardettos!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Prenatals, still
Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Symptoms: HEADACHES, general discomfort, vivid dreams, backaches, Braxton Hicks, movement, breakouts, swollen feet, etc.
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in. I don't think it will come out
Wedding rings on or off? It's on a necklace around my neck.It still fits just fine, but the fact that my hands and feet have been swelling and then going back to normal and then swelling again was making the ring rub my finger raw.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody, for sure.
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment