Friday, September 20, 2013

Maybe a Picture Would Help...


Today's hint on our quest to guess the gender is a picture of the ultrasound! Or, well, one of them. I know some doctors offices give you a disc with the photos, or even with a recording of the scan, but we get sent home with a strip of photos that look kind of like they came out of a photo booth. We don't own a scanner,and in any case they are all attached in one long strip that I have no desire to cut apart to be able to scan, anyway.

Little Booger is shy, and very, very active. I knew that, as I've been able to feel Little Booger since around fourteen weeks, and Little Booger hasn't seemed to stop moving since. While Dr. Allison was trying to measure all of the important bits, and be sure everything was forming correctly, it was a constant chase with me flipping over every few minutes to get Little Booger to move into a position that would work.

We saw several yawns, what looked like some suckling, lots of thumb sucking and hiding behind little hands, and so much kicking and flipping that Dr. Allison at one point asked if I had had caffeine that morning (I hadn't) and then said in the most sympathetic voice, "You probably feel all that all day long, huh? Baby thinks you're a trampoline."

In this picture we finally caught Little Booger with hands away from the face, but only because I needed to be punched right before this picture. Little Booger was mid stretch, which is why the legs are high up like they are. It was so fun to watch on the ultrasound, but right after this Little Booger pushed on one side of my uterus with little feet, and on the other with little hands.

Does Little Booger look like a boy or a girl to you? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment