Friday, September 13, 2013

Bad Luck Comes in Threes



I figured this was a very fitting time to write this post, seeing as it is Friday the Thirteenth.

My whole life I've heard people say that bad luck comes in threes. I'd  like to think that it was just a self-fulfilling prophecy, that by looking for that one last bad thing to happen the individual causes it to come about. I'm not going to lie, I've caught myself bringing up that old superstition several times in the last few months.

"Oh, we'll be okay now. That was bad luck number three."

The good Lord had a sense of humor, because every time I think I've seen the third (and last) bad luck for a while, another rears its head. It seems to be one major financial woe, and one major stress inducer per week. Last week was my car, and realizing that I won't get to see my husband enough over the next few months. This week our washing machine broke, and I was told once and for all by my insurance company that I am 100% not eligible for short-term disability when the baby comes, which means I can officially only afford to take a two week maternity leave.

Oh, and my company changed its insurance policy and my maximum out of pocket and copay have almost doubled.

I've reached the point where all I can do is sit back, say, "All right, God. You've got this one, because I have no flipping idea what to do." 

Habakkuk 3:17-19 Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,  yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places
.

No comments:

Post a Comment